books I’m reading right now….
These are the books that I'm currently reading or have read recently during this time of life. I can't say enough about these books.
- Michael Card has spoken into my hurting heart with the many ways God has used times of lament and great sorrow in throughout history and all over scripture. I need to hear that. Thanks Eric SO much for sending it to us… I never would have found this source of daily comfort otherwise.
- I read Stepping Heavenward way back when I was in cosmetology school 12 years ago… but a friend of mine recently gave it to me and I have been reading this amazing story of a woman's journey to godliness back in the early 1800's. Thanks Dana for thinking of me and knowing what a great read this would be for me right now.
- Safe in the arms of Jesus is just a great read about the subject of losing a child and the great provision God's grace has for a child who dies. It has helped reinforce what I believe and also hear how so many Believers have gone through times like this and benefit from the questions and experiences of their lives
- I've also found much comfort in the verses of 1 Peter. 5:10 is posted on my computer screen right now for me to read often " And after you have suffered for a little while, The God of all grace who has called you to His eternal glory in Christ will Himself restore, confirm, strengthen and establish you"
- Your Turn….Have you found a book that has helped you or others through a hard grieving time? Let me know, leave a comment on this post. There are many books out there on the subject of grief, but so many just want to tell their sad story of losing their baby or a loved one and although it's helpful to know others have been through the same thing as us, when it comes to books, I want something that will strengthen my heart and educate my head while understanding where I am at. (tough requirements I know!)